Meet Dr. Smith
Dr. Smith was born and raised in South Minneapolis and lives there currently with his wife and two sons. As a Minnesota board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Smith’s passion is to help patients achieve their goals of life-changing outcomes through a caring and personalized approach to plastic surgery. He has established Smith Plastic Surgery as a place where both men and women are given a full selection of face, body, and breast surgeries with beautiful results at a lower cost thanks to his on-site AAAASF accredited surgery center.
The efficiency of accredited in-house surgery plus our commitment to breast and tummy surgery really means savings. We have 30 years of experience. Many physicians and nurses give us a vote of confidence by choosing us for their surgery. Take a few minutes to check us out.
Why choose us?
Because we are ethical, fully trained and have enormous experience. We are the real thing in nine critical areas:
- Nine years of surgery residency training (not simply family practice) after medical school (1976 – 1985)
- More than 30 years of Plastic Surgery experience since 1985.
- Passed General Surgery boards 1983 and the American Board of Plastic Surgery (current) in 1986.
- We ultra-specialize in cosmetic plastic surgery only. No trauma or reconstruction.
- We use an In-House Surgery Center Accredited by the AAAASF. This is recognized as the “gold standard of accreditation” and is supported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- We use anesthetist monitored twilight general anesthesia or sedation for patient comfort and surgical efficacy versus just local anesthesia.
- Due to on-site surgery efficiency, our patients report significant savings. Nearly all patients report multi-thousand dollar savings versus nearby clinics.
- “Top Surgeon” ranking by the Consumer Research Council of America which is based on education, experience, boards, and membership in medical professional organizations.
- Dr. Smith does consultations personally versus using assistant staff.
Free consults with Dr. Smith are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and sometimes Friday mornings. Thursdays and usually Fridays are reserved for surgery. We try to schedule for later the morning you call or the morning of the next day. Many clinics charge a non-refundable $100.00 or rely on just assistants for consults but we give you a 45-minute physician consultation with Dr. Smith. Consults distant in the future are handled by us returning your call close to the date to confirm and finalize. Our number is (952) 922-0895
Our On-Site Surgery Center
For 28 years, our practice has been proudly built around our AAAASF accredited on-site Plastic Surgery office OR suite. AAAASF is the “Gold Standard” of accreditation recognized by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Minnesota has only seven of these special plastic surgery centers. Accredited in-office surgery with selected staff, instruments, and equipment gives us necessary tools to provide our best results emphasizing comfort, quick recovery, privacy and cost.
Smith Plastic Surgery Center,
Southdale Medical Building,
6545 France Ave. #505,
Edina, MN, 55435.
Our patients come from distant parts of Wisconsin, Iowa, North and South Dakota as well as Minnesota including the Iron Range, Duluth-Superior, St. Cloud, Rochester, Albert Lea, Minneapolis, St Paul, Anoka, Woodbury, Maple Grove, Wayzata, Minnetonka, Eden Prairie, and Burnsville. Post-surgical accommodations are comfortable and nearby.
7:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
Dr. Smith does free personal consultations, always mornings, on a same-day or next-day schedule.
Call (952) 922-0895
to schedule your free consultation today.
Schedule Online Here
Cosmetic surgery of the face, breast, and body. That is all we do. Keeping a narrow focus helps us give optimal service and deliver great results. Both women and men appreciate the special privacy, simplicity, and ultra-specialization our accredited on-site OR provides. We think you will find us good, very experienced, cost-effective, and perhaps your best option if you are planning a combined procedure, such as tummy tuck with breast implants, etc.